Pet Grooming Studio Academy
(For International Students)
General Requirement for International Students
Interested students must be 18 years of age or older.
The Pet Grooming Studio Academy, Inc. is a private career college registered with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development and must comply with the requirements set by the Ministry (Private Career Colleges Act, 2005).
International Students from the United States or the United Kingdom can use a copy of their secondary school or higher education credentials as proof of education. Please follow the enrollment process for domestic students.
For International students from other countries wishing to apply within Canada, please ensure that:
- Your current Visa allows you to stay in Canada for the duration of the course.
- Your secondary school or higher education credential is processed through the “World Education Services” (www.wes.org) for Canadian equivalency.
- Phone Interview with Director is required
The Canadian equivalency report must be provided before starting the registration process.
If you are unable to provide a Canadian equivalency from the “World Education Services” you may take an RAI Mature student test (Reading Arithmetic Index test). This is a Canadian secondary school education equivalency test. Potential students must pay the testing fee ($100) prior to the test taking place. Students must pass with a mark of 60% or higher in order to apply for the grooming course.
Once this is complete, we will forward the enrollment forms and all the relevant documents.
- Student Enrolment Form must be completed.
- $500 as a deposit at the time of submitting the application.
- Terms of the agreement must be read and signed before paying any registration fee and tuition fee.
We send you the acceptance letter once we receive your application forms and a deposit.
- Grooming tools must be purchased by students. (You will order them on the first day of the lesson at the school)