Dated: September 1, 2021
In accordance to the policies set by the Chief Medical officer of Health (August 30, 2021) the Pet Grooming Studio Academy will be implementing a COVID-19 vaccine policy. This is to protect the health and safety of the staff, students, clients and visitors to our school from the spread of COVID-19, this policy provides direction on the conditions under which individuals will be permitted on school grounds during the foreseeable future.
This policy applies to all students, employees, contractors, visitors and/or any other attendees on our school property.
A COVID-19 vaccine that has been approved for use by Health Canada and/or the World Health Organization.
An individual or company that provides services, materials and/or labour on school grounds.
Having received the completed series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed dose.
The period of time, as determined by the Pet Grooming Studio Academy, that a student or employee can attend school after receiving their first dose of an accepted two-dose vaccine before receiving their second dose, provided that vaccines are reasonably available.
Grounds to be exempted from getting a COVID-19 vaccine based on the risk of substantive injury and/or disability.
Proof of vaccination
Proof of vaccination, in the form of an official dose administration receipt or other accepted official government proof of vaccine, is required by all individuals coming on to the academy grounds.
Visitors and/or any other attendees
Individuals seeking to enter school grounds who are not students, employees, clients or contractors.
1. Policy Statement
- To protect the health and safety of our community, the Pet Grooming Studio Academy is requiring that individuals be vaccinated as a condition to come on to school grounds.
- Pet Grooming Studio Academy’s school activities and this policy, will continue to be subject to federal, provincial and local public health regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Public health guidance on measures for fully-vaccinated, partially-vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals may continue to evolve and could affect this policy.
2. Accepted vaccines
- The Pet Grooming Studio Academy will accept the COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada and/or the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Individuals who have been vaccinated with a vaccine other than those approved by Health Canada and/or the WHO will not be allowed on campus until 14 days after either having received their approved single-dose vaccine or the first dose of an approved double-dose vaccine.
3. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Individuals coming to the academy will be required to provide proof of having been fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine or of having received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- Personal health information, including attestations and other proofs of vaccination, collected by the Pet Grooming Studio Academy will be stored in accordance with privacy laws.
- Individuals’ private health information will not be disclosed alongside any other identifying data.
- Individuals who make false attestations about, or provide false documents related to, being vaccinated may be subject to disciplinary actions, up to and including expulsion for students, termination for employees, voiding of contracts for clients and contractors and removal/restriction from school grounds for visitors and/or any other attendees; such individuals could also be at risk of criminal liability.
4. Partial COVID-19 vaccination grace period
- Individuals who have received the first dose of an accepted two-dose vaccine will, after a minimum of 14 days from receiving the first dose, be able to participate in class activities for a grace period that allows them to receive a second dose, provided that vaccines are reasonably available for those individuals.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated may be required to follow additional health and safety precautions not applicable to fully-vaccinated individuals.
- At the end of the grace period, individuals will not be permitted on school grounds until they have received their second dose of an accepted vaccine.
- Restrictions applied during the grace period will continue for 14 days after the second dose is administered.
- Vaccination grace periods will not be extended to contractors, visitors and/or any other attendees.
- The Pet Grooming Studio Academy will consider on an individual basis requests from students and employees for exemptions on medical grounds.
Requests for medical exemptions will be considered upon presentation of a medical exemption document provided by a physician or registered nurse in the extended class that sets out: (i) a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (ii) the effective time-period for the medical reason. In addition to this document, individuals who are not fully vaccinated will need to provide weekly negative COVID-19 test results to continue attending the school. The Pet Grooming Studio Academy reserves the right to have the form reviewed by applicable medical specialists.
- Exemptions will not be extended to contractors, visitors and/or any other attendees.
6. Accommodations for students and employees
- Only those students and employees with a medical exemption will be considered for an accommodation.
- Accommodations will not be extended to contractors, visitors and/or any other attendees.
7. Clients, contractors, visitors and /or any other attendees
- Contractors must ensure that all of their employees are fully vaccinated. Individuals not fully vaccinated will not be allowed on school grounds.
- Sending an employee who is not fully vaccinated to a Pet Grooming Studio Academy property will be deemed cause for the Pet Grooming Studio Academy to terminate the contract with that contractor.
- For the foreseeable future, the Pet Grooming Studio Academy will not be open to visitors and/or any other attendees with the exception of individuals on approved, official Pet Grooming Studio Academy business.
- Approved visitors and/or any other attendees must comply with this policy.